Who Is Shajuan?
Well, He's Not Just That Guy That Over Dresses At Benihana...
Having Been Around For Awhile, Shajuan Has Been Called Many Things---> Singer...Songwriter...Fat A**...Producer...Irresponsible...Obsessive...And Of Course, Irresponsible Obsessive Fat A** .
Oh, And Let's Not Forget Useless...But Really Only When He Is Trying To Be Helpful At Benihana, Or Play The Drums. But We Digress...
Here Is What Others Are Saying...After They Finally Realize Who He Is..Or Isn't:
- "The music business often challenges us to match a voice you first hear with a face you have never seen. Accordingly, when you listen to a Shajuan vocal, it is next to impossible to surmise that the often soulful, always expressive sound you are hearing, is coming from whom you would actually see. A classic archetype; tall, dark, and handsome, Shajuan would likely remind you more of Clark Kent than Stevie Wonder, especially if you hear him play the piano. He's just plain horrible." - Illinois Entertainer
- Website : ILLINOISENTERTAINER.COM
- "Seemingly whatever the Shajuan vibe...Country, Classic Rock, Reggae, Contemporary Christian, Big Band, Even Musical Theatre..his orchestrations are literally all over the map. However, there always seems to be an R&B influence in nearly every note sung. From hard, funky gospel improvisation..to silky falsetto...to whispery, R&B mid-ranges..to rich, jazzy bass tones; Shajuan's vocal repetoire covers an immense amount of ground. It is hard to believe that such polished versatility can come from a guy who didn't even know how to make change, let alone sing until he was a college sophomore. Of course, most college sophomores aren't supposed to be 32 years old. This is not a bright man..." - Chicago Tribune
- Website : CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM
- "With his developing production capability, his current material, along with this soulful, versatile style...Shajuan may not be an artist on the rise to popularity. But then again, the Public streams Kid Rock records by the boatload...So I guess anything is theoretically possible..." - Voyage Chicago
- Website : VOYAGECHICAGO.COM
- "Early in his career, a third place finish in the year end Amateur Competition at N.Y.C.'s world famous Apollo Theatre landed Shajuan return engagements, as one of numerous opening acts for Chuckii Booker, Colonel Abrams, Big Daddy Kane, and David Peaston. He also was able to garner studio session work for legendary producer/writers like Joshua "JT Guitar Icon" Thompson (George Benson, Joe, Alicia Keys, Etc.), and Gordon "Electric Kingdom" Bahary (Stevie Wonder, Ramsey Lewis, Herbie Hancock, Etc.). But before he could do any real damage with his Tupperware sales pitch, or his leechy personality...he usually got banished from the premises." - The Chicago Reader
- Website : CHICAGOREADER.COM
Industry Related Skills
Views & News
The Views & News page is the most frequently updated here at shajuan.com...primarily due to the idea that it is the only one we actually know how to edit. So let's just sit back, relax, and enjoy this journalistic section of (almost) essential information about the world according to a giant*, pseudo-celebrity* windbag (*once again let's not forget useless).
Master of Fine Arts & Graphic Design
Views: "How Do You Say It?...Integrity?/ How To Wear White After Labor Day"
September - October - November - December 2023
Every Halloween, those of us who are fortunate enough to have been able to celebrate it, harken back to days of trying not to get too much spirit gum in your hair, and making sure you find the largest pillowcase in the house (because Laffy Taffy and Zagnuts not only weigh quite a bit, they are girthy). This year, we thought maybe we would take a break from the standard Hannah Barbera and Aaron Spelling themes, and be kind of politically incorrect. So we've decided to go with the old Geisha/Samurai In His Japanese Smoking Jacket motif. Considering I'm a bit too fat to be a Geisha anymore, I figure I should probably be the Samurai. Although, with my bone structure, there are more than a few drunken male patrons (and politically spoken…even some female patrons) who still might want to take me to dinner. But I digress. Mind you, it is not the prospective collection of goodies that maintains my juvenile attraction for Halloween. It is both the vibe of the supernatural, and the opportunity for me to use the overabundance of pancake base make-up that we purchased for our involvement in the musical recently. Speaking of overabundance, I am curious as to what our current president will be handing out at the front door of all four of his homes around the country on October 31st. To be fair, it's probably the same thing that the Trumps will be distributing at all four of their residences - commemorative golf balls with campaign phrase parodies...like: "Spare Change You Can't Believe In" and "Make America Hate Again". The trouble is, both phrases apply to both presidents, so you really won't know which house gave you which ball. I know, I know… One ball goes to the right and the other one goes to the left. Har De Har De Har. Save Some Of That Cover For Me - SJ :)
Senior graphic design specialist
News: "Changing The South End Of A Northbound Horse Midstream / Resurrecting Your Side Hustle"
September - October - November - December 2023
Contrary to conventional delusion, big decisions don’t always have to coincide with January 1st. Because they come in all shapes and sizes, I like to declare Fiscal New Year’s Resolutions. However, unfortunately for me these days, the shape is more circular, and the size is apparently 100% XXL. You know, I remember not too long ago when the word “fat“ meant “cool“ and “solid“. And suddenly, one day you wake up, and the term has turned into something all warm and steamy, and too big to manage with one hand. Especially in this economy. Anyway, in the coming weeks, as I'm supposed to administer a 'Fiscal Year's Resolution', I figured on trying to return to some semblance of what I’m supposed to be...as nebulous as that sounds. Whatever it is, I can say it definitely will include flossing. And speaking of tedious dental maintenance, said resolution will also involve the engineering and production of some new tracks...No..No..Really. On top of that, here’s hoping they are met with the same acclaim and accolades that the previous batch enjoyed - - Which would be two thumbs up, and a letter of praise from my fifth grade teacher, Miss Turner. Well, you know what "they"* say (*The ones who still have their wisdom teeth)...If You're Weak When You're Ten, Try Not To Peak When You're Ten...Just Relax - SJ :)
- Brief History
- Fame By Association
- Noted Performances
Media & Tour
The Media Section Involves The Idea That Shajuan Is Actually Responsible For A Poorly Ventilated Warehouse Full Of Music, Literature, And Performances On Stage And Screen...And Most Of It His Own Creation (Yeah...So What ?)
Well For Some Reason, Some Of It May Be Of Interest To A Few Or Maybe Even One Of You.
If So...You May Now Click The Links Below To Hop Aboard Shajuan's
Water Taxis Of Affection, And Get Magically Transported To His Media Bank 'O Fun (Impressive !)
The Tour Stop Area Is A Relatively Deep History Of Mostly Impromptu Performances From Shajuan...Which Is Really More Threatening Than Most Of Us Realize. Maybe Some Of You Caught One Of These. If So, Just Leave Your Address, And We Will Refund Your Cover..Minus The Delivery Fees.
With The Legendary J.P. & Jenny At The South Barrington Bar And Grill On Saturday October 9th In Historic South Barrington, Illinois. Your Patience, Cat Calls, And Unmentionables Were Appreciated :)
J.P. And Jenny
South Barrington Club
With The Legendary Margaret Murphy Webb At Benny's Chop House On Saturday August 27th In Historic Chicago, IL. Your Patience, Cat Calls, And Unmentionables Were Appreciated :)
Margaret Murphy Webb
Benny's Chop House
With The Legendary Orchestra 33 At The Cedar Rapids Ice Arena And Grill On Saturday June 20th In Historic Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Your Patience, Cat Calls, And Unmentionables Were Appreciated :) .
Cedar Rapids Ice Arena
With The Legendary Blue Olives At The House Of Blues On Saturday April 23rd In Historic Chicago, Illinois. Your Patience, Cat Calls, And Unmentionables Were Appreciated :)
House Of Blues Chicago
With The Legendary Cast Of Guys Like Musicals Too - A Cabaret At Cafe 410 On Saturday February 19th In Historic Highwood, Illinois. Your Patience, Cat Calls, And Unmentionables Were Appreciated :)
Guys Like Musicals Too-A Cabaret
Contact Info & Links
The Contact Info And Links Department Is Where You Can Get In Touch With Shajuan, Or Book A Connecting Trip To One Of Shajuan's Recommended Destinations. Unless You Just Want To Be Like Everyone Else, And Fly Direct To Links To The Stars..Kinda :)